Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Emily went to a party tonight so I was quite dissapointed that we never got to go "Trick or Treating", but at least we still had the kids come round to our house.  I had to go and pick her up at 8:00 PM from the party and of course they were all hyped up on sugar!  But it was so weired driving along the road and seeing people everywhere dressed up, I guess this is the first time I have ever been out driving on Halloween.  Going up Milltown road there was a guy dressed as a Gladiator walking down the road, with not a care in the world as if it was his normal form of dress.  Lots of girls dressed as witches and cats, and I saw some hippies too - then on the way home from Sonny's house we stopped at the spar in Milltown to get a bottle of water and there were 4 guys going in to buy booze, they were all dressed up but for the life of me I can only remember the one dressed as a banana as Em made such a fuss over him, laughing and pointing ha! ha! a banana ;) it was fun, I think next year we will have to go to town and see all the party goers! 

Derrick carved a pumpkin for the first time in his life and honestly did quite a good job I thought, we didn't get to go and see all the houses decorated, but maybe in the morning we will take a walk, all in all it was a good day - hope you had a good halloween.

Oh yes I was going to tell you about the party Emily went to, well Sonny and her were both at the creche in Milltown from the time they were a few months old, then when they left in July last year to start school, Sonny went to a school in Ranalegh and Em of course went to JS, so they have not seen each other for about a year, his mom invited Em over and they went to a party at Sam's house who is another kid that was at Creche with them from a baby and ended up with a few kids Connor and Shay who were all at creche with her, so she had an absolute ball.  I think she has just had the best week ever.

1 comment:

Terri said...

We had some trick-or-treaters come round last night too - they all look so cute in their costumes :-)
I'm trying to imagine a guy dressed as a banana - that's hilarious!