Monday, May 10, 2010

The road is long, with many a winding turn ...

So fact I have been at home since the middle of Feb now and slowly going out of my mind, so sick to death of people asking me "how the job hunting is going", I probably know how Malcolm feels now because I ask him the same.  I could possibly write a book about the Job market in Dublin at the moment.

Well I have been thinking about joining a Gym since the beginning of the year and even went so far as to do some research on line and go and have a look at one, but did not tickle my interest.  Then on Thursday I was at the shopping center and some guy was handing out free passes to the Gym across the road, which I had been into once before, only to use the loo and thought it was really nice.

 So on Friday the salesman gave me a call and normal sales talk if you don't take up the offer today, it won't happen again.  So after fetching Em from school on Friday, I went round to see them and ended up joining for a year - really good deal (if I use it regularly) and Emily gets to use the Swimming facilities for only an extra €4.50 a month.

Today I went for my assessment as part of the deal to sign up was you get a free personal trainer.  The personal trainer I was supposed to have wasn't there so Laura ended up doing my assessment and taking me for my first workout, she was great and the wonderful thing about her was she did not look like twiggy, and 90% of the other people in the gym did not look like Twiggy either, so I felt good!  I ended up doing about a 35 minute workout, and then spend about 45 minutes in the pool, heaven - I haven't swum since we were in Tahiti last year so it was so nice to be able to do 8 - 10 laps in the pool.

However, I had a shower and got dressed at the Gym and headed home but felt so exhausted like I was going to fall asleep behind the wheel, but I must say it was really good and I am going to try and keep up the routine now at least until I get a job and then I will have to change from going during the day to either 6 in the morning or last thing in the evening, unless of course I win the Lotto and then I won't have to work at all.

No comments: