Monday, January 24, 2011

Things I must be thankful for ...

I am Thankful ...
  1. I had toothache and and abscess that was very painful, but I am thankful that I had the freedom to see a dentist and the money to pay for it.
  2. Em broke her arm I am thankful that it was only her arm that broke and that she is still alive and well and brings joy to me every second of the day.
  3. My car broke down and needs loads of repairs, I am thankful that I have a car that takes me to work everyday and makes life a lot easier for us.
  4. I don't particularly like my job, but I am thankful that I have a job which helps provide the food we put on the table and the warmth we get from the house we live in and the clothes we buy.
  5. I will always be seen as an immigrant in Ireland because I wasn't born here, but I am thankful that I was given the choice to live here, that I can walk freely down the road at midnight without having to watch my back and that I have made some fantastic friends in the last 10 years in Ireland and especially ones that have offered to fetch and drop me in my time of need. 
A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues.
-- Cicero 


At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
-- Albert Schweitzer

Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.
-- Oprah Winfrey 

No comments: