Friday, October 10, 2008

Proud Parents ...

What a week, it just seems to have flown past. I had 2 presentations to prepare for, which were cancelled at the last minute, homework that I managed to do before I went to college on Wednesday, and for the life of me I can't really tell you what else happened I just know it was busy!

Friday was our first parent / teacher meeting, and they do it in an interview style, the teacher sits behind a desk and their are 2 chairs for the parents and you basically get a slot of 15 minutes where you can ask questions and she tells you what is going on. I was rather nervous as the teacher has already spoken to me 2 or 3 times about Em when I have gone to pick her up, so I was really expecting the worst.

I had arranged a play date for Em at Mandy's house with Aran and Mandy told us to come for supper after the school meeting, we really had a nice time but I will leave that for another post.

Her teacher is absolutely stunning she looks like a barbie doll, with blond hair, really nice figure, she is young and not intimidating at all. She spent most of the time raving about Em and how good she is with helping, she also said she is such a brilliant speaker and if she did not know better, Em could be a politician when she grows up. She said that sometimes she needs help explaining things to the other kids and Em is the best person to do it. She said her English and vocabulary were excellent and her "Irish" was very very good!

The only down things she said about Em were her stubbornness, now we all know where she gets that from and her temper, so I guess it is things we are just going to have to work on. I walked out feeling really proud of my little Angel!

No comments: