Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Off to a good start ...

Well the last two weeks have just been to arduous to even contemplate blogging about, so I won't but I must tell you the week has been off to a good start, I managed to stay off the dairy products - have cut down my intake of coffee to zero!  So not bad going, 6 liters of water and 9 cups of herbal tea in the last 3 days.   I would normally have 3 cappuccinos a day at work and have thus far had none, although I did almost crack on Monday afternoon and went to make myself a cappuccino but the machine was broken - so it wasn't meant to be.

Today I was moaning at one of my colleagues in the kitchen and the first thing she said was Rose, have a cup of coffee - I just laughed at her.  I can already feel the difference it is remarkable, and tomorrow I get my car back after a long 3 weeks, yippee which means I can go back to Gym on Monday, can't wait!

To get back to last week the week just seemed to go on forever and when you have seen your colleagues for 11 days in a row it feels like you never had a week-end, so Friday when Em woke up with a headache, tummy ache, nauseousness and a temperature, I decided to keep her home.  It was great to get the washing down and all the household chores, Lisa turned up for coffee and to show us her new car, very snazzy.  (Oh that must have been the last cup of coffee I had).

Saturday we were invited to our friends Joe & Carla for Dinner and Carla made the most wonderful Chicken Curry as always, (dit was so smaaklik) just wanted to lick your plate afterwards.  Sunday the weather was miserable so we all just hibernated.

This week-end I have booked to go and see Tangled with the kids (Em & Friend), having the old folks round for Yvonne's birthday on Sunday, so between kids and old folks it's a busy week-end.

No comments: